Moot Court Competition: 3rd National Moot Court Competition by St. Joseph’s College of Law
Moot Court Competition: 3rd National Moot Court Competition by St. Joseph’s College of Law, 11th to 13th August; Cash Prizes Worth Rs. 1,45,000/-: Register by July 24
About the Competition
The 3ʳᵈ St. Joseph’s College of Law National Moot Court Competition, 2023 is specifically curated to provide aspiring lawyers with a platform to showcase their research, analytical abilities, and legal expertise in the field of Intellectual Property and Traditional Knowledge. The competition’s objective is to explore the dynamic interplay between Intellectual Property Rights and the preservation, protection, and utilization of traditional knowledge in the modern world. Through this competition, we aim to encourage participants to delve into the intricacies of legal frameworks surrounding Traditional Knowledge, Intellectual Property Rights, and the delicate balance between promoting innovation and safeguarding cultural heritage. Ultimately, the competition aims to nurture the “legisperitus” within each student, empowering them to navigate the complexities of Intellectual Property Law and Traditional Knowledge in the ever-evolving legal landscape.
The 3ʳᵈ St. Joseph’s College of Law National Moot Court Competition, 2023 has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities to learn the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in the domain of Intellectual Property Rights. It has been designed with a vision to enrich the knowledge of aspiring lawyers in keeping with the mission to actively bridge law and governance through legal education while developing cutting edge skills in research, writing and advocacy.
Participation is open to all law students (3 years LL.B or 5 years LL.B integrated course) or any equivalent law program from any law college/department/university recognised by the Bar Council of India.
Team Registration: Only two team per institution may register for the competition.
Team Dynamics: Teams shall comprise a maximum of three members, wherein two members shall perform the role of a speaker, and one member shall perform the role of a researcher. Under no circumstance, during the course of Oral Rounds, the researcher will be permitted to present the arguments.
Disclosure of Identity: Teams shall not disclose the identity of their institution such disclosure shall invite penalties, including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organizing Committee. The Teams will be given Team codes after completion of the registration process.
The registration fees for the event:
without accommodation – ₹ 5000
with accommodation – ₹8000
Please note that the option of accommodation is not available for institutions in Bangalore Urban and Bangalore Rural.
The registration shall be initiated in the following manner:
1. The link below will direct the participants to the Google folder to details such as Rules, Registration form with travel plan, and a Google form to register.
2. The participants must upload the filled Registration Form, Bona fide letter, and Payment Receipt in the Google Form. [NOTE: – Please find the required forms in the link attached below]
3. The participant’s Email Id recorded in the Google Form will be the point of contact for the competition.
4. The institutions can also provisionally register by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Name of the Institiution_Provisional_NMCC SJCL”. (Please note that emails without this subject shall not be considered as provisional registration.)
5. The Institutions provisionally registering must register through the Google Form with the team details and payment within 3 working days.
Further queries can be addressed to email@example.com with the subject “QUERY_REG/ACCOM/OTHER”
The link below shall direct the participants to the Google Folder.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uPdxoeIr9hqiUBm1ZBn9SoHpca3F6et A?usp=sharing 1. 2.
PAYMENT FOR REGISTRATION
Inclusive of Accomodation – https://rzp.io/l/4NWwi7PlAy
Exclusive of Accommodation- https://rzp.io/l/LmLFwgaWfl
• Release of Proposition: July 7th
• Last Date of registration and payment of Registration Fee: July 24th
• Last date for submission of Moot Memorials (Soft Copy): Aug 2nd
• Last date of receipt of Moot Memorials (Hard Copy through Courier): Aug 5th
• Last date for queries regarding the problem: July 30th
• Submission of Itinerary: Aug 5th
• Inaugural Ceremony: Aug 11th
• Researchers Test: Aug 11th
• Prelims Rounds, Octa Round & Quarter Finals: Aug 12th
• Semi Final Round, Final Rounds and Valedictory Ceremony: Aug 13th
• Winner: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation and a cash prize of INR 50,000/-
• 1st Runners Up: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation and a cash prize of INR 30,000/-
• 2nd Runners Up: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation and a cash prize of INR 20,000/-
• Fr. Praveen Hrudayaraj Best Speaker: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation and a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
• Best Memorial: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation and a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
• Best Researcher: Trophy, Certificate of appreciation and a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
St. Joseph’s College of Law, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Bangalore, 560025.
Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/rAvWwBhbUQj1mPfn8
Mr. Thomas Chakramakal
Mr. Md Zafar Sadique
General Queries –
Mamatha Ramapriya: 9513555399
Kavyayashwini MS: 9148085935
Queries related to Accommodation and Transit-
M.Vidya Shree: 9141129553
Abdur Raqeeb : 9901220132
Queries related to Registration and Payment-
Anjum : 7353074665
Smruthi .P : 6364372933
For more information CLICK HERE
For brochure CLICK HERE